Written by Mr. Naparoek Chantawasinkul, Finance, 4th Year.
Thrilled, overwhelming, and eye-opening would be some words, we Vanguard Associates would describe our experience in Oslo. Thrilled as we truly enjoyed the dynamics of working together, overwhelming as we placed as finalists, and eye-opening as we discovered new insights about the staffing and recruiting industry.
On February 17, 2017, Vanguard Associates, a representative team from BBA Chulalongkorn University, won the first runner-up title at BI International Case Competition (Norway) against 12 top international business schools.
Competing in an intensive 30-hour case for Jobzone, Vanguard Associates was able to deliver solutions that the judges complimented as having the most market-based perspective, placing them in the finals.
Below are the thoughts of our members:
- "Participating in the BIICC Case Competition in Norway was a really thrilling and memorable experience. Our team worked well together and our advisor was also very supportive throughout the whole week. We all put our full dedication and it was truly a team effort that allowed us to achieve such results." by Chakrapoj Pattanabhorn, Finance, 3rd Year.
- “Best week, best team, best synergy, and best learning experience. I couldn’t thank my team enough for all the efforts. Not only did I enjoyed learning from the case, but it was a joy to watch how our strengths complimented so well. Thank you Ajarn Mongkolchai, Ajarn Kritinee, Ajarn Buraj, Ajarn Isada, Ajarn Witsarut, and Ajarn Kanis for being the strongest supporters through thick and thin. I couldn’t ask for more.” by Naparoek Chantawasinkul, Finance, 4th Year.
- “It is 'trust' that allowed us to challenge the conventional thought and achieve something greater than we have expected. Thank you team for great team dynamic and all the supportive and learning moments we spent together. Thank you all the case club advisors for all the lessons that contributed so much in shaping our idea and performance. Thank you BBA Chula for this precious opportunity to participate in BIICC2017.” by Wanwares Boonkong, Finance, 3rd Year.
- “We have all realized that synergy is not from great talent working next to each other, but from a diverse set of talents that complement one another. Thank you everyone who has made BIIC such an amazing milestone in our years at BBA Chula." by Chanon Hantaveevongsa, Finance, 4th Year.
The competing schools, competing divisions and results are as following:
- 1st place: Smith School of Business, Canada
- 2nd place: Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- 3rd place: University of Melbourne, Australia